Future 2 will get cross-play this fall, permitting Xbox, PlayStation, and PC avid gamers to play collectively in PVE and Crucible.
VIEW GALLERY – 2 IMAGES
Bungie simply outlined a bunch of content material and modifications coming to Future 2 in Season 14 and Season 15. The foremost modifications for Season 14, which kicks off in Could, consists of tweaks throughout subclasses, the return of the basic Vault of Glass raid, and a brand new lowered energy cap elevate by 10.
Season 15 is the place issues actually begin to warmth up. Cross-play is lastly coming to Future 2 to enhance cross-saves, and this characteristic will usher in a brand new degree of constant engagement throughout the reside recreation. Bungie did not give an actual date when cross-play shall be carried out, however Season 15 ought to begin someday round mid-August of this yr.
“Crossplay is coming to the plenty in Season 15. We’ll be doing a little inner rollouts and alpha checks in Season 14 to organize for a widespread launch this fall. With Crossplay, you’ll play with all your folks it doesn’t matter what platform you name house.
“And don’t fret, we can’t be matching console and PC gamers collectively within the Crucible until PC gamers particularly invite their console associates to play with them within the PC Crucible swimming pools.”
One other massive replace was the delay of Future 2’s colossal Witch Queen enlargement. The brand new content material is due out in early 2022, giving Bungie extra time to coalesce the mechanics and a fairly bold story arc.
Bungie additionally confirmed a fourth enlargement is in growth after Lightfall: “We additionally realized we wanted so as to add an extra unannounced chapter after Lightfall to completely full our first saga of Future.”
The present enlargement mannequin appears like this: Past Mild -> The Witch Queen -> Lightfall -> Thriller Growth
This is what it’s good to know:
“In Season 14, the Vault of Glass will return. The group can have much more to say about it earlier than launch, however there are some things I would prefer to make clear now. Our philosophy behind bringing issues out of the Future Content material Vault is to maintain them feeling just like the content material you keep in mind whereas updating them to fulfill Future 2 issue and raid requirements. So, whereas the high-level expertise stays the identical, you must anticipate the raid group to have a couple of tips up their sleeves once you deal with the depths of Venus this summer season.”
Season 14 updates
- No infusion caps
- Lowered energy cap from 50 per season to 10 per season
- Stasis subclass nerfs/changes in Crucible
- Vault of Glass returns in Season 14
- Ada-1 returns with armor synthesis characteristic, lets avid gamers rework assortment armor into ornaments
- Ikora Rey will return
- New gilding titles (e.g. Conqueror, Dredgen, Flawless)
Season 15 updates
- New Stasis tuning options
- Buffs for “underutilized specializations” throughout PVE and PVP
- Adjusted potential utilization charges
- Legendary stasis vitality and energy weapons
- Bungie will nearly double safety group to fight dishonest
- Trials of Osiris tweaks permitting gamers to be extra constant
- Cross-play is coming between PS4, Xbox One, and PC